Sunday 29 July 2018

Love Sewing Magazine, Kimono


I've made this pattern a few times now, there's not an awful lot more I can say about it!


I wanted a slinky cover-up for all this lovely summer weather we've been having and have had this fabric in my stash for about 2 years!! The blue tones in this silky fabric cool me off just by lookin!




I cut a size small and used spray starch in attempt to stop my fabric slipping around. It helped a little but overall it did just do whatever it wanted. This wasn't too dramatic thanks to the shape of the kimono being all pretty oblong.


I took extra care on my hems. They are pretty wide so took care to measure accurately for once! I then pinned pressed and even tacked to make sure they didn't go awry!


Instead of following the instructions for the neck band and hand stitching it, I decided to overlock. Sure it was a bit of a cop out but I did do it super neat (I swear!).


This fun quick make has been jazzing up my summer weekend outfits :)


x

Location: Agden Reservoir, Sheffield
Currently listening to: Here Comes The Sun, The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment