Saturday 11 March 2017

Simple Sew Patterns Blogger Meet Up

https://www.simplesewpatterns.com/


Flash back to mid November and I got the chance to meet these lovely ladies for the first time in a secret location in Manchester.

I'd made quite a selection of Simple Sew patterns before I was invited to become a member of the team so bought along a few outfit changes on the day (more than I had time to change into ha!)

First up,Skater Dress




One of my most frequently worn Simple Sews. The Skater Dress bodice is similar to that of the Charlotte but features a full skirt, perfect for parties! For my velvet skater dress I cut my skirt in quarters so that the nap of the fabric all went in the right direction. I chose a stretch fabric, but a nice woven could add some real good body to that skirt.

My velvet Skater Dress can be found HERE

Charlotte Dress




The Charlotte Dress pattern is a semi-fitted, straight skirt, multi-choice sleeve affair, with a lovely scoop neck. I made the pattern for mine a little smaller and used a jersey fabric, but I've seen some great ones in wovens. I've found the classic style makes the dress great for work events.

You can read about the making of HERE

Ruby Dress



Cheated a bit on this one! Technically I used the Skater Dress bodice with the Ruby Dress skirt (they are pretty much the same!). I swapped sleeves or armhole facing for bias binding at the arm holes. Again I cut the skirt in panels, this time so my fabric design wasn't cut diagonally.

Read more about my Ruby/Skater HERE



The English Tea Dress



Love the little cap sleeves on the English Tea Dress! I chose a light viscose with a cosmic swirly design for a summery, hippieish vibe. The bodice comes to a V at the centre front mimicking the Vneck.

HERE I am sporting cosmic vibes in my English Tea Dress last summer.


Becoming part of a blog team alongside my own blogging adventures has not only given me the chance to create some sweet makes, but also the opportunity to meet and mingle with other girls partaking in a similar journey to myself.
All patterns can be found on the Simple Sew Website (you can click through the links in my post).

Here's to the next Blogger Meet Up!

📷 Photo Credits @domjcrolla

x

Currently Listening to: Warsaw, The Black Halos

8 comments:

  1. All cool! Such talent. 🤘😈

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaw! Such very nice dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully loads more to come! xox

      Delete
  3. All of your dresses and fab, they fit you so well. Loving the velvet one, it must feel lovely to wear. Must have been great to all meet up! I've just made my first Simple Sew pattern, a pencil skirt all it went well so need to try a dress next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynsey! Glad the pencil skirt went well. I need more skirts! Tops and dresses taking over my wardrobe! xox

      Delete
  4. You look great! Amazing photos :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shauni! Was a bit of a surreal day! xox

      Delete