Sunday 19 March 2017

New Look K6230, Lace raglan


I spend a lot of time on Instagram. Probably too much, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. It's not just about checking out hot girls, I have found Instagram to be a great platform for sharing ideas and picking up creative tips, finding inspiration and celebrating successes. Sometimes just flicking though suggested posts can spark an idea.



I'd love to be able to give credit to who it was that inspired me to make a lacy raglan but I foolishly didn't hit the save button. Someone on Instagram though has a top with a lace back and it looked cool! I thought 'I could make that!', then I thought why stop at a lace back, could I get away with lace front as well?




I have quite a supply to stretchy lace fabric which I've been stashing for underwear makes, and also some plain black t-shirt jersey left over from my last baseball top.



Perfect! This meant no trip to the shops. I had the inspiration, I had the fabric and I had the pattern. No time to waste!!



After drafting my second dress last month a project like this was just what I needed. Something I already knew how to make and knew what adjustments I wanted to make to the pattern.



I took 2cm off of each edge where sleeve and front/back meet. This time I committed it to the paper pattern! I took out the centre back seam from the pattern. I have made 5 now and not once included this! And I also took out about ?2/3cm from the centre front. This time I wanted the neckline to be a bit less off the shoulder! I wear my black and grey one a lot but the wide neck does always make it look a little bit slobby!


I cropped the sleeve to 3/4 length again and took some length off of the bottom of the top so it was cropped. I'll crop owt at the moment me!! Spring's on the way though so that is fine!


Pretty plain sailing from there. I found it pulled a little at the shoulders/chest so lucky I didn't take any more out!! I did pinch in a little at the underarm seams so the sleeves weren't so loose though. I had a good fiddle with my overlocker settings to get it perfect for the jersey and lace combo. Instead of doing a dodgy hem on the bottom I turned it over really narrow and overlocked around so the overlocking is visible. It makes for quite a nice finish. Is that a rolled hem? Or is that something else?



Pretty see-through, but not going to lie, that was what I was going for. Not sure if me nan will like it but oh well.


#Spooky17



x

Location: Attercliffe Tram Sheds, Sheffield
Currently listening to: 6 Foot 5, Lars Frederiksen and The Bastards

4 comments:

  1. I think it's a fab top, it's got the sexy vibe with the lace and looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynsey! Sexy vibe is good in my book! xox

      Delete
  2. that is hot!! you are by the way, the absolute queen of blog pic poses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! Quite the compliment coming from a babe such as yourself!! I'm running out of things to do with my arms! xox

      Delete