Sunday 6 November 2022

So, Zo... Strappy Vest Top III


I highly recommend this pattern as a cute little scrap buster. I had some of this soft stretch chevron fabric left over from a fabric haul a few years back. I never did know what to make with it! I ended up making a very unadventurous T-Shirt and had an awkward amount left over. 

The amount was so awkward in fact, that I played about for quite a while making the pattern shorter and shorter to get it to fit on my remenants. 


The most important thing for me was to make sure the chevrons at the front and back were equal. I needed them parallel to the hem and also equidistant from the centre front / centre back so there was no chance of looking lopsided! I would have been happy to make a super croppy version of the vest but there was enough fabric left and it was soo stretchy that I couldn't even really tell that I'd made the pattern any shorter. 


I asked for a roll of black fold over elastic for my birthday this year, so there was plenty to go at to bind the edging and make straps. I tacked this to the top by hand first, as the machine was keen to chew up the fabric before everything was lined up. I then secured with zig zag stitch over the straps and neckline. 



And thats it really! The pattern is so versatile, you can use pretty much any stretch fabric that takes your fancy. I would like to make a tiny croppy version for next summer, or to wear as an under-layer for all these autumn cardigans. 
Scrap-busting here we come! 


x
Location: South Parade, Doncaster
Currently listening to: No More Virgos, CMAT

1 comment:

  1. WOW! You are extremely talented, the lingerie set you created looks extremely pretty, and you look absolutely GORGEOUS modelling it! Your DIY Madalynne Intimates Barratt Bra and Knickers is most definitely pretty enough to be worn to the beach. You are a very accomplished designer, seamstress and tailor! It must feel wonderful wearing that pretty lingerie set!
    I model and review ladies full brief knickers on my own blogspot blog, having taken to heart this question that I was asked about wearing a pretty pair of panties long ago: What good is it if nobody sees them? Now I am trying to make sure everybody gets to see the pretty pairs of panties I love wearing so much:

    My panty-modelling and review blog: Full Brief Panties
    My YouTube: misterpantybuns's Channel panty modelling and review videos

    ReplyDelete