Sunday 6 June 2021

Simplicity 8513, Bodysuit into T-Shirt Hack

I think the pandemic has bought out a thrifty side in lots of us. I have seen an increase in the amount of people making patchwork trousers or mixing and matching old sweaters to make new colour block combos.


Never one to want to miss out, I decided to put some leftover fabric to good use by making this cute little tee out of rib fabric remenants.

By now I have perfected the fit of the Simplicity 8513 bodysuit pattern, sadly there wasn't enough black rib left to make the full bodysuit, but I thought it would be easy and fun to combine my rib fabrics and make a half-and-half fitted tshirt.

All I had to do was not cut the front piece on the fold and instead add a 1cm seam alloance to the centre front, and then make the decision of which colour way I wanted the sleeves to be. 


There was frustratingly little fabric left - so not enough to add a sensible hem! The bottom of the shirt is very much 'here's what I had left!' which is a bit of a shame but I kept as much length as possible so I could tuck it into my jeans.

The red fabric has a little bit more stretch than the black so the centre seam does like to creep towards the black side a little but I don't think it's too bad if I keep an eye one it.

Another simple stash buster for making cute basics! ðŸ™Œ 

x
Location: Little London Road, Sheffield
Currently listening to: Tutti Frutti, New Order 

No comments:

Post a Comment