Sunday 1 September 2019

Simple Sew, Miranda Tshirt


By Now I'm sold that the Miranda Tshirt pattern from Simple Sew is all you need to jazz up your wardrobe for any season.




With just a few super easy alterations there are so many different styles to achieve.

For my third Miranda, I wanted to style out the summer vibes and crop it to the midriff, also shortening the sleeves. Oh and as always, the tighter the better.







I used this ribbed paisley fabric that's been in my stash since last summer. I did buy it with the intention of making a super casual, festival-ready tshirt... I'm so glad it was able to reach its destiny.


Pattern Alterations:

- Ditched the V-neck this time and instead raised and rounded it. I didn't want the neckline to be too low this time.
- Shortened the sleeves to the minimum I could get away with, made them a little bit tighter too
- Guessed the new length by holding up the paper pattern against myself and marking. Though I added a bit on because it's better to be safe than sorry!
- Omitted the hems! I wanted it to look super casual. My family may have asked 'Are you sure it's finished?!?!' but hey! It's exactly what I had in mind.




Due to the stretchiness of my fabric, I cut the pattern as is, and then pinned in the side seams at try-on stage. This ensured I got perfect fit. Also this was much easier to achieve when I didn't have to match up those stripes or chevrons!!




For the neckband I cut a width of my fabric from the border where there was no print. As I had changed the shape of the neckline, I cut it a little shorter than that for the pattern then pinned and stretched it round to test fit. Once happy with the length I marked the centre points of the neckband and neckline, matched up and overlocked.


Really happy with my cute lil tee! Perfect length to wear with highwaisted jeans or shorts this summer!



x

Loction: Shirland Lane Bridge / Effingham Road, Sheffield
Currently listening to: What Quid?, Kitty Daisy and Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment